Speak Up When You're Down
May is Maternal Mental Health Awareness Month
Please join us for Postpartum Support International's
Annual Blog Hop for Maternal Mental Health Awareness
Perinatal Mood Disorders: What Helped Me Recover: Self, Family & Community Resources
Thank you, Mary Jo Codey and the State of New Jersey, for the original Speak Up When You're Down Motto.
In May 2011 Postpartum Support International (PSI) declared May as Maternal Mental Health Awareness Month. An increasing number of states, counties, provinces, and countries have designated May as a time to bring awareness to maternal mental health. The maternal mental health awareness month blog hop is one of the many awareness events -- please write to us if you have any questions, and send your entry.
Our PSI blog hop is meant to be inclusive and is also meant to promote emotional safety and comfort and hope for all contributors and readers. To that end, we welcome your participation but also please keep in mind some editorial guidelines meant to promote comfort and safety.
- Name: Include your real name, we don't promote people with online disguises. Anonymity can be arranged if you write in a pen name - Contact us to discuss.
- Length: 500 – 1000 words
- Keeping in this year’s theme: Perinatal Mood Disorders: What Helped Me Recover: Self, Family & Community Resources
Potential Emotional Triggers:
For the purpose of this blog hop and its focus on messages of recovery and hope, we want you to do your best to avoid psychological triggers in your posts. Please do not write about detailed suicidal or homicidal thoughts, feelings, or plans. If you have any questions or concerns about that, please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inclusive: Editors will not tolerate any negativity directed towards individuals or groups
Commercial Interests: Please refrain from self-promotion of your website or sale items
Please post these notices:
• If you need immediate help, please call the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
• If you are looking for pregnancy or postpartum support and local resources, please call or email us:
Call PSI Warmline (English & Spanish) 1-800-944-4PPD (4773)
How to participate:
Beginning May 1, 2014
- Write your blog post and send a link or attachment to email@example.com. This will help us keep track of all of the posts, and contact you if we have questions or suggestions.
- Go to one of the following two Blog Hop Hosts:
Birthtouch.com by Kathy Morelli
Dr. Christi Hibbert
3. Look for their post called: Link Up: PSI 2014 Blog Hop – Perinatal Mood Disorders: Maternal Mental Health Recovery & Coping
4. Link up your post to that blog post in the Linky provided at the bottom of the post.
5. Grab the PSI logo code provided in their side bar.
6. Feel free to promote your blog and the blog hop on social media!
Twitter: #PSIBLOG is the hashtag we are using to promote this event @PostpartumHelp
PSI Facebook pages:
Private PSI FB Group
PSI Open Page
Donate to Postpartum Support International ~ Help Us Help Families!