Below are some reliable resources for self-care and self-assessment for moms. If you know of a reliable and nurturing resource that you would like us to consider here, please send your suggestion to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS)
The EPDS is a 10-question self administered screening tool developed by John Cox and Jeni Holden and used worldwide that helps to recognize women who might be suffering from postpartum depression. You can download a copy of it right here. You can fill out this screening tool and print it out to share with family and take it with you to your healthcare provider.
Or you can check out the questionnaire online at the Beyond the Blue website HERE. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns after filling out the EPDS.
The mission of the Online PPD Support Page is to provide peer support, awareness, prevention and treatment option information for postpartum and prenatal mood disorders around the world. The Online PPD Support Group has a web site, posting boards, chat rooms, and an email list that is intended solely for informational and peer supportive purposes. The participants of The Online PPD Support Group offer peer support and cannot give professional advice, diagnose, prescribe, or in any way treat Postpartum Mood Disorders.
Text4baby is a free text messaging program for pregnant women and new moms. Moms can get FREE messages each week on your cell phone to help you through your pregnancy and your baby's first year.
- Three times a week, text4baby delivers vital information, in English or Spanish, direct to the cell phones of new and expectant moms. Text4baby messages are timely and practical, because they're customized for each woman's stage of pregnancy or her baby's age. They include:
- Health advice for pregnant women and new moms
- Nutrition tips for moms and their babies
- Access to free and low-cost programs that provide medical care, food, and other services
- Tips and support for coping with the stress of pregnancy and new motherhood
- Fun facts about baby development and milestones
To sign up for Text4Baby
Text ... BABY to 511411
Envia... BEBE al 511411 para Español
Text4baby is an educational program of the National Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition.
Back to top