In August 2018, the first Certification in Perinatal Mental Health will be available through Postpartum Support International.
The Perinatal Mental Health Certification Program creates a structure for professional education and evaluation, and a standardization of training and experience to inform families and payers of perinatal mental health specialists. The certification curriculum requirements build on existing evidence-based perinatal mental health certificate trainings, adding an advanced-training component.
The Perinatal Mental Health Certification will be available for three groups:
- Mental Health / Psychotherapy
- Affiliated Professions (Nurses, Doulas, Childbirth Educators, Lactation, Occupational and Physical Therapists, Dietitians, Certified Coaches)
Certification candidate requirements
- Practice: 2 years minimum work experience relevant to the field of perinatal mental health
- Graduate degree (Psychotherapy)
- Medical or Advance Practice Nursing Degree (Prescriber)
- Professional Credential (Affiliated professionals)
- Training: Completion of evidence-based perinatal mental health certificate training, comprising 14 hours certificate training + 6 hours advanced training. Contact email@example.com for more information or to submit course application for approval.
The PSI conference provides the following selections to satisfy the Certification educational pre-requisites:
- Psychopharmacology and Perinatal Mental Health: Part I and II: Saturday, July 14 (3 hrs)
- ReproPsych Presents: Difficult Cases in Reproductive Psychiatry in 2018: Sunday, July 15 (3 hrs)
Read HERE for more information about the PMH Certification and requirements.
Postpartum Support International.