8:00am Registration & Light Breakfast
8:30am – 5:00pm PSI Training each day
8-8:30am Registration & Breakfast
Overview: Entering Motherhood & Why they suffer in silence
The Many Faces of Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders:
PSI’s educational video and discussion: Engaging Moms and Dads:“Healthy Mom, Happy Family: Understanding Pregnancy and Postpartum Mood and Anxiety Disorders”
Risk Factors and Prevention
Other Important Considerations:
Panel of Survivors, facilitated by PSI Faculty
Screening and Prevention: Screening Tools and Assessment
Social Support Networks:
Support Groups and Warmlines
Faith Communities and Spirituality
International Incidence and Cultural Awareness of PMADs
Q & A, Discussion
Raising Public Awareness and Reducing Stigma
The Team & Critical Components to Recovery
Psychotherapeutic Themes and Models:
Complementary and Alternative Therapies
Lunch (provided) and Networking
DVD: Wade Bowen: “Turn on the Lights” for PSI
Effects of Untreated PMADs on Mother, Infant, and Family
PSI DVD “Fathers Respond” and Discussion
Pharmacological Interventions in Pregnancy, Postpartum and Lactation
1. Identify the challenges faced when identifying and treating Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders.
2. Describe the symptoms and understand the differential diagnosis of prenatal and postpartum depression, anxiety, panic disorder, OCD, PTSD, bipolar disorders and psychosis.
3. Discuss psychopharmacology as it relates to pregnancy, postpartum, and lactation.
4. Assess prenatal and postpartum risk factors.
5. Assess for Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders.
6. Identify evidence-based Screening tools and best practices for administering and interpreting scores and making referrals
7. Identify treatment options for PMADs.
8. Discuss breastfeeding and PMADs.
9. Develop psychosocial and self-help treatment plans as well as appropriate psychotherapy techniques and alternative therapies
10. State appropriate psychotherapy modalities.
11. Indicate consequences of untreated Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders.
12. Discuss effects and consequences on partners.
13. Identify social support, legislative changes, and community resources, including how to set up support groups and offer social support.
14. Discuss cultural differences and PMADs.
15. Discuss spirituality and PMADs