This giving season, we want to bring awareness to the prevalence of Perinatal Mental Health Disorders, such as Postpartum Depression or Anxiety.
We want to hear from you! As part of #BecauseOfYou, would you share your story, and call out the person, service, or provider that helped you on your path to recovery. The person that helped you in your recovery, the nurse that noticed, the support service that was the essential tool in your recovery, the doctor that prescribed your medication, etc.
Each story that is shared, helps other parents know that they are not alone, that help is available, and you may reach someone who needs it more than ever.
Tag PSI and use hashtag #BecauseOfYou
Please join us this year to spread the word of hope and recovery — you never know who might be struggling and is waiting for your message — You are not alone, You are not to blame, With help you will be well.
This is how you can get involved:
- Share your #BecasueOfYou story on social media using the following sign (or make your own). B&W or Color. In your story share the person, program or services that helped you in your recovery, your story of hope, or what brought you to work in the field of Perinatal Mental Health. Use the hashtag #BecauseOfYou and tag @postpartumsupportinternational (facebook or insta).
For example, #BecauseOfYou mom, I was able to find my way through the most difficult time….
Include text at the end of post:Need help or support? You are not alone. You are not to blame. With help, you will be well.PSI Website Postpartum.netHelpLine Call 1-800-944-4773Donate Text PMAD to 707070
- Text – Send a text to your friends and family asking for them to support the important work of PSI this giving season.
“This giving season I am supporting Postpartum Support International, a non-profit that is close to my heart and has helped so many new pregnant and postpartum parents. Please consider supporting PSI. Text 4PSI to 707070″
- Email- Use this draft email and forward it on to your friends and family. You can include a small private message in the email explaining what PSI means to you.
- Make a Donation to support the work of PSI – Donation link
- Follow us on Social Media @postpartumsupportinternational on Facebook and Instagram. Share PSI’s posts, and tag PSI in yours!
- Download our Social Media Tool Kit for Giving Tuesday. Share our message with your friends and family (Coming soon)
- Social Media – Start a Fundraiser, or show your support for PSI with a profile badge (Coming soon)