Maternal Mental Health Month
Events taking place during the month of May
(Each item listed below has a link to website)
May 2-8th – Maternal Mental Health Week
May 4th – World Maternal Mental Health Day
May 6th – Postpartum Psychosis Awareness Day
May 8th – Mother’s Day
Entire month of May -Maternal Mental Health Month
Climb out of the Darkness
This Maternal Mental Health Month, we want to talk about IT.
Let’s Shatter the silence and end the stigma by Talking About IT. Sharing your experience during pregnancy and postpartum mental health struggles and/or your story of recovery opens the conversation and lets new and expecting parents know that they are not alone.
IT is what has brought you to PSI today: Your story, or the story of a friend, family member, spouse, partner, or someone you know that you know who has experienced IT. You have been affected by IT.
How to get involved this month?
View our Social Media Toolkit for ideas.
- Join a Climb Out of Darkness in your community. Raise $100 by May 15th and Earn an Exclusive T-shirt.
- Share your story with us here or on social media, to help end the stigma and shame surrounding Perinatal Mental Health. Use #LetsTalkAboutIT and tag PSI.
- Watch and Share this beautiful video from our partners at Baby Dove & start a conversation.
- Become a PSI Volunteer or join your State Chapter
- Make a Donation to PSI to help us support more parents in 2022. Make a Donation in honor of a mom in your life and we will send you a beautiful certificate to present as a gift.
- Add the dates, follow the social media accounts below and join the conversation on social media.
- World Maternal Health Day website for their toolkit https://wmmhday.postpartum.net/get-involved/
- Postpartum Psychosis Awareness Day – May 6th – Go to this page to download the toolkit https://pppawarenessday.org/
- Perinatal Mental Health – share our information with your communities & parenting groups.