This section offers tools for members of the print and broadcast media who are covering stories related to perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. Here you will find a fact sheet on our organization and on these illnesses, recent news releases, and information on how to properly reference these illnesses and avoid adding to the stigma that already exists.
Here are recent statements/releases from PSI:
- Postpartum Support International and UMass Chan Medical School Secure Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute Award to Conduct Perinatal Mental Health Equity Study – Jan 23, 2023
- PSI Observes Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month
- Perinatal Psychosis Related Tragedies
- Postpartum Support International: The FDA approval of Zuranolone
- PSI Annual Conference, Kansas City – Paternal Mental Health – Press Release
- Maternal Mental Health Month 2023 – Press Release
For Media Inquiries and Interview Requests:
Kim A. Lehman
717-599-0891 or email@example.com
Postpartum Support International
Postpartum Support International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit organization dedicated to helping women suffering from perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, including postpartum depression, the most common complication of childbirth. PSI was founded in 1987 to increase awareness among public and professional communities about the emotional difficulties that women can experience during and after pregnancy. The organization offers support, reliable information, best practice training, and volunteer coordinators in all 50 U.S. states and more than 30 other countries around the world. Working together with its volunteers, caring professionals, researchers, legislators and others, PSI is committed to eliminating stigma and ensuring that compassionate and quality care is available to all families. To learn more about PSI, call 800-944-4PPD or visit postpartum.net.
- PSI Perinatal Mood Disorder (PMD) FACT SHEET
- PSI Services and Programs
- PPD and Related Illnesses – What Media Should Know
- More Information for Media and Journalists
Public Service Announcements
In partnership with Planet Grande Pictures, PSI has developed a series of public services announcements. View them all HERE.