For a limited time, PSI is providing an opportunity for qualified expert candidates to apply for an honorary Certification. PSI recognizes that a small number of clinicians have proven to have extraordinary expertise in the field of perinatal mental health and may be considered qualified for the designation of Perinatal Mental Health Certified (PMH-C), with specific exceptions to the certification pre-requisites outlined in the PSI certification guidelines. Specifically, those who are approved to receive the honorary certification will not be required to take the Certification Exam. The purpose of this opportunity is to honor professionals who have clear and proven expertise and longevity in the field of Perinatal Mental Health.
- Candidate has been a professional in the field of perinatal mental health for at least twenty (20) years.
- Candidate has dedicated a significant part of his or her career teaching other clinicians in perinatal mental health, including presentations, curriculum development, publications, or research.
- Application must be received by Midnight Pacific Time on December 31, 2020.
If approved, the candidate will be exempt from the requirement to complete additional Perinatal Mental Health Training and to take the PSI PMH-C certification exam. They will be assigned a PMH-C certification and we ask that they commit to 1) using this designation professionally; 2) be a PSI member; 3) maintain a profile in the online PSI perinatal mental health provider directory.
If awarded the certification, those who receive the Honorary PMH-C are required to follow all of the same requirements as others who have passed the exam, which includes 12 CE every two years, and maintenance of professional standing.
- If you are interested, please submit application by 12/31/2020. Application for Honorary Certification.
You will need to log in to google to submit your application. Write to us at email@example.com with questions.
- There is a limited application window and candidates will be reviewed and informed by March 1, 2021.