Pathway to Certification at the PSI Conference
To qualify to take the PMH-C Certification Exam, candidates must complete 14 hours of a PMD training, plus an advanced 6 hour in-person training in their certification track. Read information below about courses at the annual conference that qualify for the certification path.
- Certification pre-requisites can also be fulfilled by completing alternative approved courses. Find them here.
Conference Guidelines for Certification
1. 14-Hour PMD Certificate Training Requirement: Take the PSI Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders Certificate Course: 2-Day Pre-Conference Training on July 13-14 2022.
2. Advanced Course Options by Track:
- Advanced Psychopharmacology: Attendees must have first completed a 14-hour PMD certificate course. Sessions are titled “Advanced Perinatal Mental Health Psychopharmacology.” The three sections of the Advanced course fulfill the 6-hour advanced training requirements for the Psychopharm track of Certification.
- Advanced Psychotherapy: Attendees must have first completed a qualified PMD certificate course of at least 14 hours. Advanced Perinatal Mental Health Psychotherapy Training on Sunday July 17th fulfills the 6-hour in person training requirement for Advanced Psychotherapy Course for certification.
- Advanced Affiliated Professions: ANY PSI conference breakout counts toward your 6-hour advanced in-person training requirement for certification. For certification, candidates must also complete a PMD certificate course of at least 14 hours.