https://www.postpartum.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/multicultural-circle-hands.jpg 224 225 Wendy Davis /wp-content/uploads/2019/12/PSI-logo_72.png Wendy Davis2017-03-07 20:40:122020-10-21 13:54:57Important PSI News about the Safety Net for all families
March 7, 2017
All of us at Postpartum Support International (PSI) want to say how sorry we are about what has taken place in recent days at Postpartum Progress. To all of you who have so much to offer to women and men who suffer and the families who support them, you are welcome at PSI. As many of you know, for thirty years, PSI has been supporting moms and families, educating professionals, and providing a bridge between the two.
For those of you who are not completely familiar with PSI, here are a few of the things you will want to know:
- Our Volunteers provide direct support and links to local resources and trained professionals. We support all pregnant, postpartum, and post-loss families through our telephone warmline, state and country support coordinators, chats, forums, and groups. Call 800-944-4773 to connect with us.
- There are multiple opportunities for volunteering: as a state, province, or country coordinator, on the telephone warmline (in English or Spanish), blogging, online support, helping set up state chapters, and more. If you would more information about PSI state chapters, please email us at: email@example.com.
- Our state and country Support Coordinators provide direct support to families through email, phone, and text. Find your local coordinator and they will help you connect locally.
- PSI has online facilitated support groups for mothers, fathers, and families, in English and Spanish
- Weekly Chat with an Expert forum, facilitated by a licensed perinatal mental health provider
- A support page on Facebook that moms can enter by request, offering support to anyone seeking a place to share, find help, or offer guidance.
- PSI trainings (in English and Spanish) for providers (including webinars) are ongoing, including frontline provider training serving rural and underserved areas
- Online social support webinar trainings for social support and peer support volunteers
- Training, information, and resources for the legal community
- An annual conference bringing together clinical and social support providers.
- There is so much more than we can list here! For full information on all of our programs please visit our website postpartum.net.