PSI hosts free, live phone sessions for moms every Wednesday.
During these sessions you can connect with other moms and talk with a PSI expert about resources, symptoms, options and general information about perinatal mood and anxiety disorders from the privacy of your own phone. There is no need to pre-register or give your name. These sessions, facilitated by licensed mental health professionals, are informational only and open to anyone with questions and concerns. Limited to the first 15 callers. Click here for information on Chat with an Expert for Dads.
Please note: The bridge line will stop accepting callers when the maximum of 15 callers has been reached. Sessions will last approximately one hour. These Chats are not meant to take the place of needed visits to healthcare providers and do not provide therapy.
Chat Number: 1-800-944-8766
Participant Code: 73162
- Wed Feb 3 – 6pm Pacific, 8pm Central, 9pm Eastern – Facilitator Helen Jones, PhD, RN, APN
- Wed Feb 10–9am Pacific, 11am Central, Noon Eastern Facilitator Liza Mordkovich, LMSW, Lcat, Atr-bc
- Wed Feb 17–9am Pacific, 11am Central, Noon Eastern Facilitator Deana Stevens, Psy.D.
- Wed Feb 24-9am Pacific, 11am Central, Noon Eastern Facilitator Perri Shaw Borish, MSS, LCSW, BCD
- Wed March 3 – 6pm Pacific, 8pm Central, 9pm Eastern – Facilitator Helen Jones, PhD, RN, APN
- Wed March 10–9am Pacific, 11am Central, Noon Eastern Facilitator Liza Mordkovich, LMSW, Lcat, Atr-bc
- Wed March 17–9am Pacific, 11am Central, Noon Eastern Facilitator Deana Stevens, Psy.D.
- Wed March 24-9am Pacific, 11am Central, Noon Eastern Facilitator Perri Shaw Borish, MSS, LCSW, BCD
- Wed March 31-9am Pacific, 11am Central, Noon Eastern Facilitator Ann Dunnewold, PhD
Click here for World Time Zone Map
Ann Dunnewold, PhD is a past president of PSI and a licensed psychologist in Dallas, TX. She is co-author of Life Will Never Be The Same: The Real Mom’s Postpartum Survival Guide and three other titles on motherhood issues, and the host of The Sanity Hour on Her Insight Radio Network.
Helen Jones, PhD, RN, APN is a former PSI board member, published author, family therapist specializing in perinatal mood disorders, and Professor of Nursing at Raritan Valley Community College in NJ.
Liza Mordkovich, LMSW, Lcat, Atr-bc
Liz is a Licensed Social Worker, Licensed Art Therapist, Psychotherapist and Coach. Passionate about helping individuals conquer anxiety, addiction, stress and providing perinatal wellness services. Liz’s approach is warm, eclectic, emphatic, compassionate and solution oriented. Her mission is to help individuals overcome obstacles, improve relationships and lead a gratifying and joyful life! She is committed to helping her clients acquire new ways of thinking, behaving and feeling. Liz combines evidence based cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), and dialectic behavioral therapy (DBT) to help individuals cope with emotional distress. Also, she draws from mindfulness, meditation, hypnotherapy, art therapy and trauma focused approaches to best tailor treatment.
Rebecca Feldman, CNM, PMHNP, is a Nurse-Midwife and Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in Brooklyn, NY. She sees clients as part of the Zucker Hillside Perinatal Psychiatry team, as well as at the Motherhood Center of New York. She is an advocate for increasing maternal mental health care for all mothers.
Perri Shaw Borish, MSS, LCSW, BCD volunteers as a Regional Coordinator for PSI and is a private practitioner in Philadelphia with a specialty in Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders. Perri enjoys working with women and their partners as they ease into the transition of motherhood whether it be the first, second or third time around!
Deana Stevens, Psy.D. is a licensed psychologist in independent practice in Metuchen, NJ. She has clinical specialties in Addictions and Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders. Deana enjoys working with individuals and families across the lifespan, recognizing the potential for healing and growth at any stage of development.
How to Participate
The facilitator will end the call if there are no participants by 15 minutes after the scheduled start time.
Dialing-in to the Conference
- Use your telephone to dial your toll-free TeleConference number 1-800-944-8766.
*The following greeting will welcome you: “Welcome to TelSpan TeleConferencing. Please enter your TeleConference code followed by the “#” sign.”
- After this prompt, enter the code 73162#
Trouble Accessing Your Conference: If for any reason you are having difficulty accessing your TeleConference, please contact the TelSpan Operator Services Department at: 1-800-937-7726.
Help During the Conference: If you need immediate assistance during the TeleConference, press *0 (star zero) to speak privately with an Operator.